With no college eduation, Mr. Andy Anderson worked hard to climb the corporate ladder…eventually becoming the top manager of the Safeway dairy department and spearheading business decisions that would affect the entire country.
He was even married for 67 years before losing his wife to cancer. The pair had two children and even adopted a third.
Not too long ago, Anderson celebrated his 100th birthday and now lives in Benicia, CA. He often likes to joke about “planning on what I’m going to do when I start to get old.” But his life story is already one for the big screen.
After surviving a full century and experiencing a journey that few others are fortunate enough to join, he certainly has his share of stories for the dinner table. And one might even say he has earned the right to share them .
So exactly what advice does Mr. Anderson have about life? Plenty!
Here is a glimpse into what we consider his top 10 tips for living life and making the best of everything that comes our way:
- Never be too good to start at the bottom.
- Always maintain a good sense of humor.
- Love at first sight is not a fable.
- Your family is the most precious thing you will ever have in life.
- Your life is delicate, and if you neglect yourself, you’ll spoil.
- Don’t ever be afraid to be your true self.
- Everyone has too many clothes. Wear what you have and quit buying more.
- Make sure you’re doing what you love; don’t be afraid to follow those dreams you have for yourself.
- Have common sense. Think about the most reasonable answer to every situation.
- Life is a gift that you must unwrap. It’s up to you to determine if what’s inside will lead you to happiness or dismay. You have the power to make that decision for yourself.
You can see more tips from Mr. Anderson on popsugar.com.