It is April 16, 2018. These past few weeks have seriously tested me and my family. For some reason the universe is exposing us to a lot of the hatred that exists on this planet. A short summary of what’s happened:
1) Indiana Comic Con – I had Optimus on display there for the weekend. Items were stolen from the table. And stanchions were knocked down onto the running boards.
2) Ania had someone follow her for 45 minutes on the way home from a work event late at night. She was scared for her life
3) Ania helped host a wine party at someone’s house who clearly represented “the white trash of America”
4) Ryan is having issues with a lunch monitor who keeps blaming him for bad behavior
5) OUr neighbor Tracy (who we have helped her kids more times than I can count over the years) decided to give me a hard time over the weekend because she thought I was blowing leaves into her yard (mother nature was doing it)
6) Someone threw a bottle / smoothie at Optimus as I was driving to get some work done in Effort on 115
7) Social media backlash from that incident was through the roof. Hate messages and comments were like some I’ve never seen or experienced before
8) Ryan keeps telling me all the things i do wrong, and why he doesn’t like so many things in our home
9) Ania said we can’t move because of Optimus. Same day Ryan also said Optimus has changed our life, some of which not for the better
As I write these things, thinking about them, I am overwhelmed. I don’t know where to begin. I don’t know how to react. The hatred that the universe is sending my way is enough to make anyone cry. And there are times I have almost broken down. I don’t know why I am being tested so harshly. I don’t know why there are so many people who literally hate me and what I do with Optimus.
I never expected my dream of building this home and building Optimus to backfire with Ryan. The way he talks, it makes me feel like he doesn’t enjoy living here, and doesn’t appreciate anything we do for him, nor does he realize what I’m trying to show him with Optimus.
I’m at a loss of words. I don’t know where to go from here. But I wanted to share these moments with you because I know at some point things will get better. They have to. But it’s important to realize, whomever is reading this, that life is not rays of sunshine all the time. Life can downright SUCK at times. This world is full of devils. It’s up to us not to let the devil win.